Mother’s Day is just days away, but that doesn’t mean there’s not still time to find the perfect gift, particularly if mom resides in an assisted living community like The Arbors. If you’re struggling to find a great gift for mom, fear not. We’ve got you covered with a few of our favorites, that are particularly handy or appropriate when it comes to those in assisted living.
Great Gift Ideas For Mom
- Flowers: Nothing brightens up a smile and a room like a bouquet of fresh blooms. Flowers are a simple gesture that’s easy to add to mom’s current decor. Find out her favorite flower and pay your local florist a call. Can’t make it in time for Mother’s Day? The best part about flowers is they can be sent from anywhere in the world!
- Electronic Picture Frame: Kick those family photos at her bedside up a notch with an electronic frame. That way, you can add new photos to the rotation every time you visit. This keeps mom in the loop while keeping the decor in her room fresh at all times.
- Cozy Clothes: Think — slippers, comfy-but-cute sweats and the coziest robe you can find. Mom deserves to be engulfed in all things fluffy and soothing. After all, think about all that she’s done for you over the years!
- Personal Items: Help mom re-up on some of her favorite shampoos, lotions, and soaps. Add all of her favorite toiletries together to create the ultimate care package. Trust us, she’ll love that you remembered all of her staples.
- Fun & Games: Anything that stimulates the mind can help keep it sharp, especially in old age. Grab some board games like Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit or Telestrations, or pick up a book of crosswords, Sudoku puzzles or word searches. The more fun the merrier!
- E-Reader: An Amazon Kindle is a great gift for the mom that loves to read, plus it’s like the gift that keeps on giving. An entire library of books for download whenever she pleases! If she prefers paperback, check out some popular reads on Amazon and purchase the physical books instead.
Remember, the best you can give mom on Mother’s Day, no matter where she lives, is the gift of your time! Pay your mother a visit this Sunday, plan a fun day with the family for her, and don’t forget to tell her how much she’s loved and appreciated. While you’re at it, check out our community activities calendar here at The Arbors to help make mom’s day extra special.