Before the pandemic you were concerned about Mom’s confusion but now you are really worried about it
What you are experiencing is very common; the pandemic has not only inflicted physical complications on seniors but has also resulted in negative mental health effects due to quarantine. Some of the most concerning psychological risk factors of isolation for seniors include:
• Panic attacks
• Stress-induced illness
• Suicidal thoughts
• Substance abuse
Stress and anxiety, if experienced at high levels, have been proven to weaken the immune system—which is one thing that no one needs to be at risk of during a pandemic.
How can we help?
Fortunately, there are ways that older adults and staff at senior living communities can counter these negative mental health issues.
• Add structure to the day.
• Incorporate physical and social activities into routines.
• Offer/establish communication platforms to connect seniors with family.
• Encourage everyday preventive actions.
• Monitor and regulate medications on a daily basis.
Now is a great time to be living at The Arbors
Call now, so you can have Peace of Mind
knowing your loved one is well cared for.