March 14, 2020
The New York State Department of Health has just informed us that effective immediately all visitation except when medically necessary has been suspended at all Adult Care Facilities in New York State.
In addition to suspending visitation at all of our Communities, we will be implementing health checks on all staff; regardless of whether they are providing direct care or not. The health checks will be done daily and at the beginning of their shift. Any staff member with a temperature greater than 100.0 F will be sent home. Any staff member exhibiting signs or symptoms of respiratory illness will also be sent home.
Please know that maintaining the health and well-being of our residents and staff is paramount to us. The measures we are taking in conjunction with the State and Local County Health Departments is what is deemed necessary to minimize the potential of transmitting COVID-19 throughout our Communities.
I know this is an incredibly unsettling time for us all. We are encouraging everyone to communicate via phone calls, facetime, skype, text and email. We will assist your loved ones in staying in communication with you however possible.
If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact the Executive Director, Case Manager or Wellness Director at your Community.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation, patience and understanding as we navigate these challenging times together.
March 13, 2020
At The Arbors, the health, safety and well-being of our residents, employees and families is always our number one priority. We understand the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has people feeling very unsettled and uncertain and we want to keep you informed of what we are doing to address your concerns.
Some of the actions we are addressing include:
- Daily updates and communication with our residents and employees.
- Precautions recommended by The CDC and The Department of Health are in full effect.
- Questionnaire forms are being given to all visitors who wish to enter the community. Any visitor deemed a risk is being asked to refrain from visiting at this time.
- Hand sanitizers and anti-bacterial wipes are readily available throughout the communities.
- The daily cleaning rituals that have always been in place continue to be carried out with diligence.
- We’ve restricted all groups coming into the community and stopped all outside trips until further notice. Please be assured we have multiple activities for our residents in the community. They will not be disappointed!
As always our residents will continue to be our first priority and we will take all efforts necessary to continue to ensure their safety on a daily basis.
If you have questions or concerns please contact the Executive Director at the specific community listed below:
The Arbors at Westbury Executive Director: Howard Foster 516-333-6400
The Arbors at Bohemia Executive Director: John Giordano 631-567-3113
The Arbors at Islandia West Executive Director: Allison Menze 631-582-3600
The Arbors at Islandia East Executive Director: Debra La Rosa 631-232-3131
The Arbors at Hauppauge Executive Director: Jaqueline Osborne 631-582-3334