March 30, 2021
Dear Residents and Family members:
It is hard to believe that March marks the one-year anniversary of the COVID-19 pandemic. There is no doubt this past year has changed us all, and continues to have an impact on the way we run things as a community. We continue to adapt to the changing circumstances created by COVID-19 with the health and wellness of our residents, staff, and family members always at the forefront.
Now that spring has arrived I truly feel that brighter days are ahead. I am also excited to share that the DOH has revised their guidance. We no longer need to suspend visitation and small group activities when we have a positive case. Residents are also now allowed to leave the community for visitation. If you are taking your loved ones out of the community for a visit, a negative COVID test will only be required if they are out overnight or longer.
We are still requiring appointments for all visits in the community, this allows us to stagger the visits and clean common areas and high touch surfaces between visits. We continue to encourage you to visit outside by appointment, weather permitting. When visiting your loved one in the community or taking your loved one out, we ask that you wear a mask at all times, socially distance and wash your hands frequently.
Michael and our Recreation Team continue to come up with activities to keep your loved one engaged. This month our residents have been enjoying the spring weather by taking a walk outside, small group activities and celebrating St. Patrick’s and Passover. Happy hour continues to be delivered to their rooms.
We remain incredibly grateful to our residents, staff and family members. Enjoy spring and its beautiful signs of renewal. Wishing you and your families a Happy Passover & Happy Easter!
Howard Foster & The Westbury Team
• Visitors will be permitted with a scheduled appointment only. Appointments will be taken
by the front desk receptionist
• Visitors will fill out a questionnaire and get temperature taken at the front door
• 2 family members per resident and no more than 20 total visitors at one time
• All visitors should be 16 years of age or older, or accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or
• Visits will be limited to 30 minutes to allow for all residents to enjoy company
• No more than 2 visits per week to allow for all residents to receive visitors
• Visitors will be directed to a designated outdoor (weather permitting) location by a staff
member and will maintain the required 6 foot social distancing throughout the visit. In
In situations where there is inclement weather, the Executive Director will accommodate
visitation in a designated indoor area.
• Visiting hours are as follows: 10am-11am, 2pm-4pm and 7pm-8pm
• Visitors must wear a mask at all times
**All of the above are subject to change at the discretion of the operator and in accordance with any new local or state guidance provided by NYS Department of Health. Visitation can also be halted at any time if conditions change at the community and they no longer meet Department of Health criteria to maintain visitation. Eblast notifications will be sent out with updates as needed and/or as changes occur.